Thursday, April 15, 2010

DALLAS IS 14!

On April 10th Dallas turned 14 years old. I can't believe he is already that old. This fall he will be a freshman and it makes me sad. My first baby is growing up right before my eyes. Dallas is such a great kid. I am the luckiest mom ever!



I just had to put this picture in. This is Dallas with my dad. I have very few pictures of Dallas with my dad so this is priceless. It may be the only picture I have of them together. Dallas loved my dad!
This is Dallas on his first birthday. We had a little party for him and it was a pooh bear party. We had just moved to Logan to our first home the week before.
This is Dallas on his first day of Kindergarten. He loved school and I think he still does. Atleast he does very well in school I am not sure that he loves it.

Dallas has been given many wonderful gifts.

#1-He is very kind and caring. He cares about others and is very soft-hearted.

#2-He is very smart and works hard in school to get straight A's.

#3-He has a very strong testimony of the gospel. He is the one that is always reminding us to say our prayers and read our scriptures. I have walked in to his room many times and found him praying. He is such a great example to me!

#4-He does well in sports. Whatever sport he is in he practices hard and tries his best. He will always give his best effort. He has played through pain but he keeps going. He is a warrior as one coach told us.

#5-He is a good helper. Being the oldest is a hard one I think. A lot is expected of Dallas and he is such a good leader for the younger siblings. They all look up to him and he is a great older brother.

We love you Dallas and we are so grateful you are part of our family. Happy Birthday. I am so lucky to be your mother. Thanks for all you have taught me thus far and for the joy you have brought to me. I love you! Mom

4 comments:

  1. Dallas is such a great kid! He is a great example to his cousins as well. We love you and hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dallas is great too! We sure wish we could enjoy him more often. I love the pic with your dad. Too bad our cameras were retarded back then, the focus is on the ceiling instead of the faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you posted that pic. I hope I wasn't rude about the focus thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pics and trip down memory lane. I also love to see the pic of your dad. We saw Jared the other day, he looks a lot like your dad. Happy Birthday Dallas. (I haven't forgot about you, I'm calling you this week!)

    ReplyDelete